Install Odoo on Ubuntu 14.04 from Github
My previous article was on how to install Odoo on Ubuntu 12.04 from launchpad. As Odoo moved its source code to Github. Every day I was getting many request about how to install Odoo on Ubuntu 14.04. So today I decided to install Odoo on fresh installation of Ubuntu 14.04.
Today on Pulse7, I am going to share my experience for installing Odoo on Ubuntu 14.04 from Github. If you are new to Odoo, please check its official site for more information. On Github they have specified brief instruction for installing Oddo. In this article, I am going to share untold instruction. I hope this will help you.
Let’s Install Odoo on Ubuntu 14.04 from Github
- I have install Odoo on fresh installation of Ubuntu 14.04 from Github, So first I have installed git my system, to work with Github
sudo apt-get install git
- Update apt source list
sudo apt-get update
- Download and Install Updates
sudo apt-get upgrade
- Install required packages for Odoo
sudo apt-get install graphviz ghostscript postgresql-client \ python-dateutil python-feedparser python-matplotlib \ python-ldap python-libxslt1 python-lxml python-mako \ python-openid python-psycopg2 python-pybabel python-pychart \ python-pydot python-pyparsing python-reportlab python-simplejson \ python-tz python-vatnumber python-vobject python-webdav \ python-werkzeug python-xlwt python-yaml python-imaging
- Install supporting packages for Odoo
sudo apt-get install gcc python-dev mc bzr python-setuptools python-babel \ python-feedparser python-reportlab-accel python-zsi python-openssl \ python-egenix-mxdatetime python-jinja2 python-unittest2 python-mock \ python-docutils lptools make python-psutil python-paramiko poppler-utils \ python-pdftools antiword postgresql
- Install full Postgres database
sudo apt-get install postgresql
- Create database user for Odoo
sudo -u postgres createuser -s odoo
- Get / Install Odoo from Github to you system
wget -O- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/odoo/odoo/master/odoo.py | python
- Now go to odoo folder where opeperp-server file resides. (This command may vary to your system, if you have specify different path for storing odoo project)
- Run server
- Great work !!! you can now test your Odoo from http://localhost:8069, you should be able to below screen.
I hope you like this article. Share your views to to improve content. Happy Learning !!!